The "Leibnizhaus" was originally built in 1499 elsewhere as a Renaissance town house. Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz himself lived in the house for almost 20 years. After it was destroyed in the Second World War, it was reconstructed in 1983 at the Holzmarkt next to the Historical Museum with its original facade.
Since its reconstruction, the Leibnizhaus has been used as a guesthouse and event venue by Hanover's universities. Guest scientists from all parts of the world live in the apartments. The remaining rooms are used for conferences and festive events.
An exhibition about the work and life of Leibniz can be found in a separate area of the large event room.
The rooms are particularly suitable for meetings and conferences, but receptions and exclusive company celebrations can also be realised in this historic ambience.